Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Upcoming Book Signing at the Civil War!

Well, a reenactment of it, anyway! My dear friend, Rob Baker, of the 8th Florida Regiment, Hardy's Brigade, has connected me with the Florida Reenactors for their annual Brooksville Raid, taking place the 3rd weekend in January, 2011! How exciting! I will be in period costume (have to bring my smelling salts and fan for all the bloodshed and cannon noise) and the kids and Mom are coming in costume, too! I'm friends with the Rebels, in this case, even though poor Jed was a Yankee officer!  If you've never been to a reenactment, check your local historical society or just google. The guys I know go all over the place - even as far north as Andersonville, GA, site of the notorious prisoner of war camp.

History is everywhere! Immerse yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment